BYU Rugby coach comments after victory over Cal


BYU Rugby coach comments after victory over Cal


In another wild ending to a BYU-Cal rugby showdown with the Penn Mutual Varsity Cup national championship on the line at Rio Tinto Stadium Saturday, the Cougars had a 30-27 lead and the ball as the final seconds ticked off the clock on the scoreboard. Full story: http://provodh.com/b10v9
“I kept looking at the clock and thinking, come on, let’s get these last few seconds out,” Cougar head coach David Smyth said. “Then when we kicked the ball, it said 80 minutes, but the referee has the final time. I almost died when he didn’t blow his final whistle. I thought, you’ve got to be kidding me. I just sucked it up. They were hanging on, I was hanging on and finally the whistle went. It was a heck of a game.”


Palavras-chave desta postagem

Brigham Young University (College/University), Rugby Football (Sport), college rugby, USA Rugby (Organization), cal rugby, california golden bears, daily her...BYU Rugby coach comments after victory over Cal

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment